We loved seeing how you decorated and celebrated Palm Sunday in your homes. Traditionally on Easter, Westminster members take family photos at our flower cross. This year to celebrate together, we would love to see how you decorated your home for Easter, lived streamed worship or a family's Easter photo. Send photos to Lynn George to share with your church family.
The Serving Our Neighbor Vision Team has come up with a list of ways to support our community during this pandemic. We hope you will participate in one or more activities:
- Buy gift cards to local restaurants. The funds will go to the restaurant now and you can use the gift card whenever you wish.
- Donate Blood. Blood is in great need right now. Signup with The Red Cross.
- Buy grocery store gift cards or make a financial contribution for the West Chester Food Cupboard
- Fill out our congregational survey to help us discover your talents, interests and occupation of those 18 and older.
- Make a video to put on social media (for example, making a medical mask, reading a book, teaching something) Send an email to Ken Ballinger and he will set up a time to record/edit the video.
- Offer to shop for groceries or pick up medications for someone.
- Help make hand sewn masks for Chester County Hospital. Call 610-431-5108 to schedule a pick up for the materials. Each sheet of fabric will make 20-30 masks. You can pick up fabric at the supply donation center inside the parking garage.
- Anita Gordon from the Gleaning Garden is in need of volunteers to grow/harvest plants that were to be planted at church. If you are interested, please contact her at 610-620-5059 or by email.
- Write a thank you letter of gratitude for our local medical personnel and support staff. We are hoping to have 300 letters written to distribute. If you are interested in participating, please email Ann Hatfield to obtain directions.
Resources to Connect You to Faith, Family & Community: The Children’s Spiritual Growth Team realizes that families' schedules are more hectic during this time of social distancing. We are feeling isolated, trying to find new rhythms and our in-box is overwhelming. Routines as we know it are changing every day. With this in mind we would like to offer Spiritual Family Resources for your families every Friday.
- Sunday worship with families is a wonderful opportunity to gather in our virtual Westminster & KidsConnect community. A Children’s Bulletin will be included on our live stream page of our website each week.
- Elementary school leaders will send out the weekly Deep Blue Bible lesson plans and activity sheets. Please check your emails.
- Sign up for Treasure Box Tuesday and Faithful Family: Creating Sacred Moments at Home which includes weekly resources & articles.
- Other free online resources include God Space Light by Christine Aroney-Sine, and Illustrated Children’s Ministry
- Read The Gift of Wonder: Creative Practices for Delighting in God by Christine Aroney-Sine.
While we can't wave real palms together tomorrow for Palm Sunday, celebrate byfinding a green branch in your yard and hanging it on your front door, or print out this coloring page palm to wave while you worship at home. We'd love to see how you celebrate Palm Sunday by sending a photo to Lynn George.