Who We Are
The life and ministry of the congregation is far broader and deeper than one page on a website, but we hope this may be a window into who we are as a community of faith.
- Westminster is a welcoming and affirming congregation of the Presbyterian Church (USA), the largest Presbyterian/Reformed denomination in the US. We are among the top 1% of PCUSA congregations in terms of membership size and worship attendance.
- Our mission statement is: Knowing Christ; Making Christ Known.
- Our Vision: As followers of Jesus Christ, we commit to:
- Worship that glorifies God and transforms us,
- Intentional, hope-filled community,
- A lifetime of spiritual growth and joyful generosity,
As we are sent to demonstrate the Kingdom of God in the world.
- Within the Presbyterian Church (USA), we are a:
- PCUSA Earth Care congregation – working to be good stewards of the earth in worship, education, outreach, and use of our facility.
- Commitment to Peacemaking Congregation – working to shape faithful and creative ministries of peace and justice.
- A teaching congregation in the field education program of Princeton Theological Seminary, helping train future pastors.
- Outside our denomination, we share many partnerships. Some of them are:
- Covenant Church with Bread for the World, including advocacy related to issues of hunger.
- Partner church with Living Waters for the World, installing water filtration systems in Honduras.
- Partner church with World Vision in Global 6K for Water and “Chosen.”
- Partner church with Serving at the Crossroads, a medical clinic in Honduras.
- Annual site for Rise Against Hunger meal packaging.
- Host site for the Global Leadership Summit – an international, two-day live-streamed leadership conference.
- Regular Red Cross blood donation site.
- We are significantly involved in a host of community outreach ministries, including a Thrift Shop in the borough of West Chester and a vibrant preschool on our campus. Click here to find out more about our community involvement.
- We have four God Size Dreams as part of our 2018 vision process with Rev. Dr. Bill Wilson, a certified coach and facilitator from the Center for Healthy Churches.
- Expand our Witness: we intentionally invite all people to a faith journey with Jesus Christ.
- Serve our Neighbors: we lead in responding to community needs through volunteering, social engagement, and outreach.
- Work Toward Affordable Housing: we take a leadership role within the community to ensure that no one is forced to live in substandard, unsafe housing or experiences homelessness.
- Equip our Emerging Generation: we actively engage youth (16-18) and young adults (19-30) on their faith journey.
Feel free to contact the church office or any of the pastors if you would like to know more about Westminster.