Hours & Location
The library is open when the church is open and is located just past the church office about midway down the hall. Feel free to browse or to just enjoy a few quiet moments in a peaceful space.
If you know the title or author, search our catalog file. To look for an item at the church on the library shelf, use its call number.
For browsing, here are a few tips to get started:
- On the wall to the right is a card catalog that contains most of our books.
- Next to the card catalog is a bookcase devoted to large print items.
- The other two bookcases on the right are exclusively for juvenile books.
- On the wall to the left is a reference section (not to be checked out).
- Then books are organized by call numbers, beginning from low to high, along the rest of the wall to the left and the back wall.
- The free-standing bookcases contain fiction, DVD's, and special use collections.
- Librarian 'picks' and new acquisitions are often displayed on tops of bookshelves.
- View a diagram of the library to see how it is organized.
Check-Out an Item
You don't need a library card - just follow these instructions:
- Check-out items are on the desk to the left as you enter.
- Sign and date the card from the pocket of the item, also noting your phone number (we block out phone numbers when items are returned)
- File the card by author in either the Juvenile or Adult file.
- Books are on loan for 3 weeks; DVD's for 1 week.
- Tuck a slip of paper noting the due date into the item pocket.
Return an Item
Simply drop it in the large wicker basket on the front desk.
Your donations of books and DVDs are so very much appreciated! Thanks to all who have reached out to us with donations of new or gently used items. It's a joy to see how involved we are in sharing from the heart here at Westminster!
For more information read our library book donation guidelines.