Westminster’s Preschool believes that early childhood education should be a time of fun, warmth, security, exploration, and discovery. By providing a stimulating environment and a nurturing atmosphere, our highly qualified staff members focus on developing the whole child and strive to provide the necessary skills for families and children to have a smooth transition into the elementary school years. Our preschool program helps the children grow socially and emotionally, intellectually, physically and in their faith development.
2021-2022 Westminster's Preschool Classes
Thank you for your interest in enrolling your child in one of our preschool classes at Westminster’s Preschool for the 2021-2022 school year. We are excited and hopeful to be able to fill our classrooms with the wonderful sounds of children learning, laughing and playing.
We still have openings in the following classes for the 2021-2022 Preschool year
- PreK 4 year old Tuesday thru Friday class
Please click here to register for the 2021-2022 school year. Please remit your registration fee, ONLY, if registering for one of the available classes. If you wish to place your child on the waiting list for one of the classes that are currently full, please complete a registration form but do not remit payment.
* Available for children in the 3 Year Old, 4 Year Old or PreK classes
Friday Fun Day: 9am-12pm Friday (for 3/4/5 year olds)
One Day Option: 12-2pm Mondays or Wednesdays (for 3/4/5 year olds)
Two Day Option: 12-2pm Mon & Wed OR Tues & Thurs (for 3/4/5 year olds)
PreK Two Day Option: 12-2pm Tues & Thurs (for PreK 4 and PreK 4/5)
Click here to register.
A Typical Day:
- Circle Time: flag salute, calendar, weather, songs and finger plays
- Free Play: puzzles, play dough, games, toys
- Arts & Crafts: coloring, painting, cutting, gluing, matching
- Snack Time: juice and/or water and a peanut free snack
- Play Centers: dress-ups, dolls, sand table, Legos, play kitchen, cars and trucks, puppet theater, workbench, Legos
- Small Motor Activities: markers, crayons, paintbrushes, stencils, scissors, glue
- Large Motor Activities: balls, tumbling equipment, riding toys, climbing apparatus on our playground or in our indoor play room
- Academic Readiness Activities: alphabet, math and handwriting activities, puzzles, matching games, rhyming
Communication with Parents
Communication with our families is an integral part of our preschool experience. We provide:
- A Parent Handbook
- Orientation Sessions
- Monthly Newsletters and Calendars
- Daily “Today’s Happenings” Outside Each Classroom
- Parent/Teacher Conferences
- Written Child Assessments
- Questions? Contact the preschool office.