Westminster’s Preschool believes that early childhood education should be a time of fun, warmth, security, exploration, and discovery. By providing a stimulating environment and a nurturing atmosphere, our highly qualified staff members focus on developing the whole child and strive to provide the necessary skills for families and children to have a smooth transition into the elementary school years. Our preschool program helps the children grow socially and emotionally, intellectually, physically and in their faith development.
2020-2021 Westminster's Preschool Classes
Due to the current Covid-19 pandemic, the opening of the Preschool has been delayed until we can safely and hopefully open in January/February 2021.
* Children must be 3 by September 1, 2020
9am-12pm Tues & Thurs * Open
9am-12pm Mon, Tues, & Thurs * Open
9am-12pm Tues, Thurs, & Fri * Full
9am-12pm Mon, Wed & Fri * Full
12:30-3pm Mon, Wed & Fri * Currently unavailable
* Click here to register or place your child's name on the waiting list if full.
* Available for children in the 3 Year Old, 4 Year Old or PreK classes
Friday Fun Day: 9am-12pm Friday (for 3/4/5 year olds)
Monday Lunch Bunch: 12-1:30pm (for 3/4/5 year olds)
One Day Option: 12-2pm Wednesdays (for 3/4/5 year olds)
Two Day Option: 12-2pm Tues & Thurs (for 3/4/5 year olds)
Three Day Option: 12-2pm Tues, Wed & Thurs (for PreK 4 and PreK 4/5)
* Class openings available. Click here to contact us.
A Typical Day:
- Circle Time: flag salute, calendar, weather, songs and finger plays
- Free Play: puzzles, play dough, games, toys
- Arts & Crafts: coloring, painting, cutting, gluing, matching
- Snack Time: juice and/or water and a peanut free snack
- Play Centers: dress-ups, dolls, sand table, Legos, play kitchen, cars and trucks, puppet theater, workbench, Legos
- Small Motor Activities: markers, crayons, paintbrushes, stencils, scissors, glue
- Large Motor Activities: balls, tumbling equipment, riding toys, climbing apparatus on our playground or in our indoor play room
- Academic Readiness Activities: alphabet, math and handwriting activities, puzzles, matching games, rhyming
Communication with Parents
Communication with our families is an integral part of our preschool experience. We provide:
- A Parent Handbook
- Orientation Sessions
- Monthly Newsletters and Calendars
- Daily “Today’s Happenings” Outside Each Classroom
- Parent/Teacher Conferences
- Written Child Assessments
- Questions? Contact the preschool office.