Why Shop at the Westminster Thrift Shop?
- Revenues from donations help support community and world organizations
- Help create sustainable lifestyles through recycling: saves production and energy costs, conserves our natural resources
- Saves $$ on women's and men's clothing, accessories, jewelry, housewares, home decor, bedding, and furniture.
Our Mission Statement
To provide quality recycled merchandise at affordable prices to local families; to care for creation by providing an outlet for recycled goods.
What Our Customers Are Saying About the Thrift Shop
"It's so rewarding to find an awesome piece of clothing or jewelry for a fraction of the retail cost, especially when on a budget."
"I visit the shop a few times a week and I never know what I am going to find, they restock every day."
"My purchases help community organizations and keep clothing out of landfills."
"The shop volunteers are so friendly and helpful. It's like family."
Did You Know?
- Walking into a thrift shop is like walking into an exciting adventure.
- You can curate your own one-of-a-kind wardrobe.
- Thrifting helps SAVE water and reduces carbon emissions.
- The largest PA thrift store is in Selinsgrove, PA and claims 74,000 sq. ft. of space.
We Welcome Your Donations
It is only through your donations that the Westminster Thrift Shop is able to continue its mission. We are always in need of women's and men's seasonal clothing, shoes, and accessories, housewares, home decor, and small pieces of furniture. Please see our NEW DONATION GUIDELINES. We ask that you make an appointment beforehand by calling Karen Koepke, shop manager, 610-692-9298 or contact her by email. Why:there may be times when we have a large inventory of certain items, therefore our storage capabilities would be limited. Thank you for your understanding.
Who Benefits From Your Donations?
Into our 33rd season, 48 community and world-wide organizations have received funding as a result of your generous donations and purchases. Unionville High School and B. Rustin High School are our most recent recipients.
Thrift Shop Hours
VOLUNTEER WORKDAY 9 am - 3 pm Monday
OPEN 10 am - 3 pm Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday
OPEN 9 am - 12 pm Saturday
CLOSED: Thursday & Sunday
REOPENS WITH REGULAR HOURS: 10 am - 3 pm Tuesday, September 5
Thrift Shop Board Members:
Carol Wawrzniak, chairperson, Karen Koepke, manager, Judy Eberhardt, secretary, Joanne Ebert, Peg Garner, Fran Marcus, Judy Miller, publicity, Janet Colliton, trustee representative, Sandra Kurek, finance representative, Bob Cox, Carmen Knox & Cheryl Whiteley
543-545 East Gay Street
Gay St. Plaza
West Chester, PA l9380
Click here to email.
We Now Accept Credit Cards!
The Westminster Thrift Shop does accept major credit cards. A $15 minimum purchase amount is requested.